Depot Manager (Cannock, UK)
We are recruiting for an experienced Depot Manager for our Cannock based depot facility.
The main responsibilities of this role include;
- Providing oversight and direction for all aspects of operations and people management for the Depot.
- Ensuring the depot is well maintained and security is prioritised at all times. Ensuring awareness of drivers and persons onsite.
- Managing safe and secure storage of all stock, goods, vehicles & equipment.
- Stock control management of depot supplies such as truck equipment.
- Liaising with the garage maintenance facility to arrange vehicle service inspections.
- Effectively communicating and working with the transport team in Ireland.
- Ensuring that drivers leave the depot on schedule.
- Assist in resolving any customer issues and implementing the necessary corrective actions.
- Development of efficient and effective systems to improve and monitor business performance, including cost control.
- Establishing, maintaining and reporting on appropriate KPIs for all depot activities. Completion of all required reports and paper work.
- Implementation and adherence to all Company policies in relation to health and safety requirements for the depot area including equipment upkeep and maintenance.
- Bringing a commercial focus and delivering new freight business.
The successful candidate will;
- Have 3 or more years’ experience working as a depot manager – ideally within the transport industry, logistics and warehousing, with exposure to an FMCG customer base.
- Hold a Transport Manager’s CPC.
- Strong computer skills and well organised
- Be capable of working under pressure, to exacting deadlines and demanding targets
- Be an effective communicator with ability to escalate any issues
- Be fluent in English. Additional European languages would be advantageous.
This is a full-time permanent role – offering:
- A competitive salary
- Career progression opportunities within The Nolan Group.