Accounts Receivable Team Leader
An opportunity has arisen for an Accounts Receivable Team Leader at our offices in New Ross. This is a full-time permanent role within a busy finance function.
Key Duties of the Role:
- Lead the accounts receivable team while working closely with the finance team.
- Deal with day-to-day customer queries and build on customer relationships.
- Oversee daily invoicing and processing of customer payments ensuring cash collection is maximised and meets targets.
- Maintain an accurate and precise debtors’ ledger for a large customer base in accordance with the company’s credit policies.
- Prepare debtors reconciliations where necessary and ensure allocations are completed timely and accurately.
- Prepare and review daily bank reconciliations.
- Lead the month-end sales close and liaise with other department managers to ensure reporting deadlines are met.
- Ensure internal controls are followed with the view to continuous improvement.
- Assist with credit control management ensuring customer credit limits remain at appropriate levels.
- Provide support, guidance and training to the accounts receivable team.
The ideal candidate:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a busy accounts receivable function in a position of leadership.
- Strong data entry and high level of attention to detail required.
- Possess excellent Microsoft Office skills.
- Good knowledge of VAT and cross border VAT would be an advantage.
- Experienced with “self-billing” customer accounts.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to manage multiple email channels.
- Proactive with a willingness to make improvements and lead autonomously where necessary.